, Complaints policy Print
Sunday, 19 July 2009 12:30



As a registered childminder I aim to work in close partnership with you to meet the needs of your child(ren).

If you are not happy with any aspect of my service please bring it to my attention so that we may discuss the issue and find resolution. You can put the complaint to me verbally or, if you prefer, formally in writing or by email.

It is a condition of my registration to investigate all written complaints relating to the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and I will notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days of the receipt of the complaint.

For impartial advice, you can call the NCMA Information Line on 0800 169 4486.

I will keep a written record of all complaints and their outcome for at least three years. I will maintain confidentiality but will provide Ofsted, on request, with a written record of all complaints within a specified period and the action taken as a result of each complaint.

I will record the following information:

· The name of the person making the complaint.

· The Early Years Foundation Stage requirement(s) to which the complaint relates.

· The nature of the complaint.

· The date and time of the complaint.

· Any action taken in response to the complaint.

· The outcome of the complaint investigation (for example, ways the service has improved).

· Details of the information and findings that were given to the person making the complaint, including any action taken.

If the complaint cannot be resolved or if the complaint is of a serious nature and you feel you cannot discuss it with me you should contact Ofsted on 08456 404040.

Ofsted produces guidance on concerns and complaints about childminders and childcare providers. This is available on the Ofsted website and provides guidance on the complainant’s right to contact Ofsted.


Last Updated on Sunday, 24 October 2010 20:53